/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/kuperwasser-banner-500px-wide-no-bg-semi-bold.png 0 0 admin /wp-content/uploads/2015/09/kuperwasser-banner-500px-wide-no-bg-semi-bold.png admin2015-09-04 16:10:372015-09-04 16:10:37Osteoblast Differentiation Stain (Alizarin Red S)
Osteoblast Differentiation Stain (Alizarin Red S)
Alizarin Rd Staining
- Rinse cells very gently one time with water and then very gently add 2% Alizarin Red S stain (preparation below) for 5-10 min at RT
- Aspirate stain and wash cells very gently several times with water until wash is pretty clear (can be a very light red).
- Add PBS to the well to fix the stain and then aspirate off relatively quickly. Allow well to air dry completely.
- Take phase images.
Preparation of Alizarin Red S
- dissolve 2g Alizarin Red S in 100mL dH2O and adjust to pH 4.1-4.3 with ammonium hydroxide
- stain can be stored at RT.