/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/kuperwasser-banner-500px-wide-no-bg-semi-bold.png 0 0 admin /wp-content/uploads/2015/09/kuperwasser-banner-500px-wide-no-bg-semi-bold.png admin2015-09-04 16:14:002015-09-04 17:26:26Oil Red O quantification
Oil Red O quantification
- Remove all water after imaging cells.
- Place 6 well dishes (or other culture vessel) into 37°C incubator for 10-15 minutes.
- Wait until well is completely dry (no water left at all!)
- Add 300uL 100% isopropanol/6 well plate and wash stain off the cells, collecting from the top of the well to the bottom.
- Transfer isopropanol to 96 well plate
- Read absorbance of 96 well plate at 510nm.
- To calculate the stain compare the differentiated absorbance to the undifferentiated absorbance (i.e. Abs 510nm diff/Abs 510nm undiff).