□ Make sure you have the recipient’s name, complete address and telephone number, and FedEx number.
□ Select and record which cells you are sending, and print “ShippingInfo” layout from CellBank for each vial (CellBank will prompt you to enter the name and address of the recipient and will automatically remove the vial from its location).
□ Select an appropriately sized box and Styrofoam container for shipment.
□ Fill Styrofoam container with dry ice from 12th floor.
□ Remove cell vials from physical location and place into container.
□ Close box and tape shut.
□ Measure and record box dimensions and weight.
□ Affix UN1845 (dry ice) label(s) to box and fill in appropriately:
- “__ x __ kg” in top right corner,
- “DRY ICE, ___ kg” in bottom left corner,
- “shipper’s name and address” in bottom left corner,
- “consignee name and address” in bottom right corner.
It is only necessary to put a label on one side of the box, but putting two labels on decreases the odds of having your box returned unsent.
□ Go to http://www.fedex.com/us in internet browser.
□ Login with ID tuftsmcmori and password Ccancer1 and “create a shipment”.
□ Edit all fields appropriately:
- Enter your address information in part 1,
- Enter recipient’s address information in part 2,
- In part 3 enter:
- Today’s date,
- Enter weight you recorded earlier,
- “Priority overnight” (“International Priority” for international),
- “Your packaging” (“Box” for international),
- “Enter dimensions”,
- Enter dimensions you recorded earlier,
- Choose “Products/Commodities” in Package contents for international (except Canada),
- Choose “Sample” in Shipment purpose for international (except Canada),
- “1 US Dollars” in Total customs value for international (except Canada),
- In part 4 choose “Recipient” and enter their FedEx number,
- In “Special Services” choose “Dry ice”, enter total box weight minus one pound, and choose “Adult signature required”,
- In “Pickup/Drop-off” choose “Use an already scheduled pickup at my location”,
- In “E-mail Notifications” enter:
- Sender E-mail (you),
- Recipient E-mail (them),
- Choose all notifications for both,
- Remove email@example.com from “Add additional recipients”,
- In part 5 click “Ship”,
- For international, you advance to more steps (6-8),
- In part 6 enter:
- “Add new commodity” and fill in as many things as you can,
- Find a harmonized code from the list provided,
- In part 7 enter:
- “Commercial Invoice”,
- “Free carrier”,
- Leave step 8 blank.
□ Print barcoded label(s).
□ Fold label(s) and place into FedEx label holder.
□ Attach label holder to top of box.
□ Cross out any visible markings on box that may interfere with shipment.
□ Place box on top of FedEx pick-up location in building at 150 Harrison Ave.