/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/kuperwasser-banner-500px-wide-no-bg-semi-bold.png 0 0 admin /wp-content/uploads/2015/09/kuperwasser-banner-500px-wide-no-bg-semi-bold.png admin2015-09-04 16:14:532015-09-04 16:14:53Adipocyte Differentiation Stain (Oil Red O)
Oil Red O staining
- Rinse cells two times with PBS
- Fix cells in 1mL/6-well 10% formalin/PBS for one hour (no more than 2 hours) at RT.
- Rinse plates two times with ddH2O
- Stain with 1mL/6-well Oil Red O (stain prep below) for 2 hours at RT.
- Aspirate stain and wash cells gently with water a many times (around 15-20, until background stain comes off).
- Stained fat droplets will be dark brown/red in color.
- Leave some ddH2O on the plates and image.
- Either keep moist with PBS or air dry.
Preparation of Oil Red O:
- 1.05g Oil Red O dissolved in 300mL isopropanol and leave overnight at RT w/o stirring
- Filter with 0.45um membrane, add 250mL ddH2O and leave solution overnight at 4°C without stirring
- Filter 1x with 0.45um filter
- Filter 1x with 0.22um filter
- store at RT